Dr. Shani Fox guides cancer survivors through their greatest challenges, including taming fear of recurrence, repairing devastated relationships and making the most of the life they survived for. “For all the excuses I could think of, the dream wouldn’t go away.”
- 00:25: Dr. Shani Fox guides cancer survivors through their greatest challenges.
- 02:55: That’s quite a life to have lived where you can say that you live your life exactly the way you wanted to be able to live it.
- 05:46: I realized that actually, ever since I was a child, I really wanted to be a doctor.
- 09:05: Tell us how you went about that. What it was like and how did you create this new career?
- 12:05: Nine months later, I was accepted to medical school and decided I would move.
- 14:11: Cancer takes us down to the bottom of the bottom.
- 16:05: We really help people get back to a place where they feel okay.
- 18:25: Primarily I'm known now for helping people fighting people through this after journey.
- 20:55: What is one thing that you wish you had known at the beginning of your father's cancer journey?
- 25:50: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 28:20: Yeah, people are addicted to food. They need to stop, and it’s an addiction.
- 29:38: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 30:33: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!