Christine Handy is a model, author of the book Walk Beside Me, humanitarian, mother, mentor, and motivational speaker. Christine's best-selling novel is in production to be a film.
- 01:09: Where did it all start?
- 03:14: I had 10 to 15 casts over the course of seven months.
- 05:45: What made you trust that doctor?
- 07:12: What was the treatment plan?
- 09:05: What did you do in terms of reconstruction?
- 11:59: After I was in the hospital for five days, I went home with a nurse for two weeks.
- 14:06: I’ve been a model for 40 years.
- 16:10: My mom was always healthy.
- 18:33: Don't ever choose a doctor based on where they went to school.
- 20:31: My arm still looks like my thigh bone.
- 22:10: I started to lose massive weight.
- 24:17: He had told me that he had misdiagnosed me.
- 26:23: Do you trust yourself and your intuition more now?
- 28:49: What was your worst moment?
- 30:17: What was your best moment?
- 31:13: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning?
- 32:24: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 33:45: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 34:34: Aside from Cancer U, what's one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!