Freddye is a mother, a nurse, and a singer. She has been a nurse for 34 years! She has been a professional singer for 25 years. She currently works as a GI surgical oncology outpatient nurse with pancreatic, rectal, and colon cancer patients. She performs for charitable events every year. She has performed in local hospitals. As a twice breast cancer survivor, she gives her time and energy to those who are fighting their cancer and to those who have lost a loved one to cancer.
- 01:39: Tell me about becoming a nurse and why oncology?
- 04:07: My mother ended up dying of two different kinds of cancers.
- 06:46: Did nursing school prepare you to be an oncology nurse back then?
- 09:27: I was 30 when I graduated from nursing school.
- 10:52: Take us back to the beginning of your cancer journey.
- 13:36: Cancer runs rampant in my family on both sides.
- 15:43: You had a mastectomy on one breast?
- 17:03: I told him I said I think it's back.
- 20:04: I had to laugh my way through it both times because my friends and family were so morbid.
- 22:52: They say nurses make the worst patients.
- 25:02: She had lymphoma and colon cancer.
- 28:04: I think he died less than three months within the diagnosis.
- 31:15: We've seen a lot as far as cancer and death in our family, but I'm trying to understand it.
- 31:57: What was your worst moment?
- 34:33: What about your best moment?
- 35:58: I was the first one to graduate from a four-year college.
- 38:52: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 40:13: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 41:31: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!