Jen Rozenbaum is a portrait photographer, author, podcaster, and breast cancer survivor. Through her work, she is helping women celebrate their unique femininity and helping breast cancer patients and survivors put their lives back together after cancer.
- 03:03: I didn't know what it was, but it wasn't a lump.
- 05:36: I could feel it and I'm very grateful for that because if it was lower, I wouldn't have known.
- 08:41: When they removed my breast, they found my right breast was littered with cancer.
- 10:45: I handled most of it on my own.
- 12:12: I feel nauseous when I talk about it.
- 14:15: The period between when they turn it on and you're numb is very difficult.
- 16:40: You have to also continue wearing the cold cap two hours after chemo.
- 18:20: In March of 2018 I had my first reconstruction surgery and it looked horrible.
- 20:04: My boobs were so low they were touching my belly button practically.
- 22:10: How were you able to get those surgeries in 2020 during Covid?
- 25:05: They just wanted me to be a mommy so that they don't have to be scared.
- 27:47: What's the solution to this problem versus sitting in the problem?
- 29:24: I have a YouTube channel where I talk about my real-life experiences with breast cancer every day.
- 31:27: I think that gratitude helps us get to a different place of happiness.
- 32:35: What was your best moment?
- 35:17: I think it's important as part of my mission to normalize what a breast cancer body looks like because we don't know what to expect.
- 35:46: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning?
- 36:51: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 38:18: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 41:07: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!