JoJo Rankin is a Marriage Coach at R Family Strong. She is a former practical nurse at an oncology infusion center where she learned we are all stronger than we think we are.
- 01:29: I've had uncles and aunts passed away from cancer.
- 03:51: The patients become your family.
- 05:02: We did not run it like a factory.
- 06:00: What if any preconceived notions did you have about oncology and cancer?
- 06:42: I think the experience was amazing though.
- 07:24: So, tell me about one of your favorite patients.
- 09:21: We are all stronger than we think we are.
- 11:40: Nurses play a huge role in this particular disease.
- 12:51: Oncology is its own world.
- 14:07: What was the worst time for you as a nurse?
- 16:05: What did that time as an oncology nurse teach you?
- 17:40: Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions.
- 19:10: We just can't be offended by everything.
- 21:09: If you can improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 25:12: I love telehealth for certain situations.
- 26:28: We've had 30 kids over the years. We've been foster parents for almost a decade.
- 29:40: What are you most grateful for in your life?
- 31:50: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 33:05: What’s one resource that you want to recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!