Kelley was diagnosed with invasive ductal carcinoma in September 2011, two days before her 41st birthday. She had a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction, chemotherapy, radiation Today, Kelly is 10 years cancer-free.
- 01:22: I was working out one day, and I had this stabbing pain in the side of my left breast.
- 03:23: I'm telling my parents regardless.
- 04:55: How old were your kids?
- 07:26: I've always heard that cancer doesn't hurt so why did this hurt?
- 09:10: There weren’t a lot of surgical options in there other than reconstruction.
- 10:57: October I had surgery.
- 13:28: I remember after my pregnancy; I couldn't feel my feet because they were so swollen.
- 15:09: She was telling me she had never had anyone have this kind of emotional reaction to this medication before.
- 17:24: I never ended up in the hospital.
- 18:58: I was able to accept the radiation part.
- 21:08: I started researching master's degree programs.
- 23:22: If it wasn't for cancer, I would still be a dental hygienist.
- 24:32: What is that one thing you wish you'd known at the very beginning?
- 25:45: Now I have this new implant that they think is ruptured.
- 27:19: Nobody told me that I was going to have issues with my chest muscles for the rest of time.
- 28:07: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 30:02: I had a full hysterectomy because I was having all kinds of issues after chemo.
- 31:11: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 34:14: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!