Twelve years, Kelly Rogers was diagnosed with skin cancer. As a wellness coach for eight years, she was shocked that her healthy diet, holistic practices, and supplements hadn’t prevented cancer. She lost half her nose and some of her ears.
- 01:50: I had no health insurance.
- 02:50: I might cut off half your nose.
- 04:48: Wow, I'm not ready for this.
- 06:25: I needed a lot more work on the spirit and I needed a lot more work on the body.
- 07:58: Today, my life is so very different.
- 10:38: I can do the surgery and I can do the reconstruction.
- 11:33: They took the first chunk out of my nose.
- 12:22: Part of my cheek was removed.
- 15:33: I looked like the elephant man when I left.
- 17:18: We're going to a happier place.
- 18:12: What was the worst time for you during that cancer journey?
- 19:18: I kind of stayed away from doctors.
- 21:04: I was suicidal every week. I know it's hard to believe because I'm such a fun person
- 24:35: I've continued to have things cut out, chunks cut, things burned off or frozen.
- 25:10: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US and what would it be and why?
- 27:59: I do transformational breathing. It's very helpful.
- 31:10: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 32:41: What is the one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
- To order Sparkle Products, go to ClubSparkleMN.com
- To contact Kelly, email her at ClubSparkleMN@gmail.com or call her at 952-470-7336.
- Note: Kelly is a sales representative for Nectura. Cancer U does not endorse, approve, or sell Nectura products.
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!