Kim Sorrelle is an entrepreneur, director of a non-profit organization, author, speaker, and lover of all people. Four months after receiving a breast cancer diagnosis, her husband was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, passing away just six weeks later. Kim began questioning the true meaning of love so she dedicated a full year to figure it out. The things that she discovered about love are unlike anything you've heard before and are chronicled in her book, Love Is.
- 01:32: How did this breast cancer diagnosis come about?
- 03:58: He just grabbed onto me and held me.
- 06:25: What stage and what type of breast cancer did you have?
- 08:53: I had to have a complete hysterectomy because of the hormone receptors.
- 10:05: I had a male doctor I told him to pick the size.
- 14:50: I'm trying to call him and I'm not getting anywhere because his phone is off.
- 17:01: The numbers were absolutely outrageous way higher than in the last lecture.
- 19:29: Why do you want your husband to have pancreatic cancer?
- 21:44: He had one round of chemo and his numbers never returned to a point to be able to have another round.
- 23:59: We had hospice involved from the beginning and had an incredible experience with them.
- 26:24: It just happened that fast.
- 28:18: She seemed 100% at peace and the hospice nurse was like okay she's probably going to go today.
- 30:07: I would have done anything in the world for that man.
- 32:20: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning?
- 34:15: It was more of a transition than just a moment in time with him leaving.
- 35:28: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 37:02: I don't think doctors get any kind of training on how to talk about dying.
- 39:15: The two focuses of the lab were pancreatic and breast cancer.
- 40:44: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 41:49: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!