Dr. Lori Baker-Schena, MBA, has a doctorate in education and is the CEO and founder of Baker Schena Communications. Dr. Lori is a leadership coach and professional speaker who works with individuals, academic institutions, entrepreneurs, small businesses, and large corporations to strengthen their management and team-building skills.
- 01:44: I am actually a cancer survivor of two cancers.
- 03:21: but the doctor didn't think it was a tumor
- 04:21: you can be dead in three weeks or curable.
- 06:43: my particular non-Hodgkin's lymphoma was unusual because it's called extranodal.
- 08:49: and it took 13 hours for them to drip it through because it was so toxic
- 10:23: I do a mammogram every year
- 12:22: it was tiny but incredibly aggressive.
- 14:17: I underwent four rounds of chemotherapy.
- 16:23: I really believe we need to give ourselves fighting chances with cancer.
- 18:26: I had a fantastic plastic surgeon
- 20:34: I've had so much pain
- 23:13: I needed a change
- 25:14: If I had not gone through that, it'd be a whole different story
- 27:49: what has been your worst moment in both cancer journeys
- 29:39: What was your best moment?
- 32:41: Thriver Rapid Fire
- 34:55: what is one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!