Marci Greenberg Cox is the author of Mommy Has a Boo-Boo: Explaining Breast Cancer to Children. In 2018, she was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer, had a double mastectomy with no reconstruction, and is now cancer-free.
- 02:02: Maybe it's just something because I overdid a weight.
- 04:40: She gets on the phone, and you hear those words, I am so sorry you have cancer.
- 06:37: I mean as soon as I found out, I was on the phone with doctors.
- 08:58: She goes it's because I smoked.
- 10:13: I had that choice of a lumpectomy versus a double mastectomy.
- 12:08: It was a 13-hour surgery.
- 14:14: I'm done because I said no more surgeries.
- 17:40: I'm very happy with my decision because I have a whole new wardrobe.
- 20:20: Did you have to have any other treatment?
- 22:43: It's going to put me into menopause.
- 24:51: I'm on that pill for 10 years.
- 26:58: What was your worst moment during all of this?
- 29:34: That was a game-changer for me because I didn't get sick after that.
- 30:25: What was your best moment out of all of this?
- 33:10: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 35:44: Are you ready for the Thriver Rapid Fire questions?
- 37:13: Aside from Cancer U, what is a resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
- 39:45: You've got to have those discussions because those kids are so intuitive.
- 42:06: It's all this practical stuff that you learn.
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!