Mark Kageyama is a stage 4 cancer patient with prostate, bone, and lung cancer. He has been battling cancer for 17 months. Mark has a YouTube channel called 2BYourOwnHero, where he looks to inspire people to appreciate their incredible lives!
- 01:54: Before Covid, I worked out regularly 3 to 5 times a week.
- 04:54: Your cancer is so bad I can't cure you.
- 08:28: Did you have any symptoms of prostate cancer?
- 10:42: What was the recommended treatment plan if she couldn't cure you?
- 12:30: We're admitting you to the hospital.
- 16:32: What was your career?
- 18:58: My legs were hard as a rock before getting cancer.
- 21:50: You must add animal protein to your diet if you want to get better.
- 23:52: When did the chemotherapy end?
- 26:09: She passed away from cancer about four years ago.
- 29:13: What is one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 32:10: If you could only do one thing to change healthcare in the US, what would it be and why?
- 34:02: It's so rare to meet a doctor with true compassion.
- 37:27: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 39:58: Aside from Cancer U, what's one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!