At the age of 24, Matt Ode was diagnosed with Stage 3C Testicular Cancer. By the age of 25, he was led into a 2-week coma with multiple near-death experiences having to relearn to live his life over again. Fast forward 5 years, Matt is now a keynote motivational speaker and coach helping individuals transform their setbacks into their superpowers.
- 02:22: We have what's called scan anxiety.
- 04:10: I had to get rushed into the emergency surgery.
- 07:30: They found out I had the highest stage of testicular cancer.
- 09:11: There are so many ways of doing chemotherapy.
- 11:35: Your tumor is wrapped around what's called your inferior vena cava.
- 13:18: I was in the hospital for an entire week.
- 15:18: After 53 days I couldn't eat anything.
- 17:27: I was in a coma.
- 19:15: We offered um 40 hours of personal training for free to all our employees.
- 21:23: What was your worst moment?
- 22:58: Why did you stop doing physical therapy?
- 25:33: How did you propose?
- 27:23: What's one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning?
- 29:57: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 31:05: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!