Parul Banka is a story coach based in London. She helps coaches share their stories safely, and with clarity, enabling them to build an aligned audience and to create the impact and income they deserve. Parul is also a speaker and the author of the book My Cancer Journey: A Rendezvous with Myself.
- 00:30: Meet Breast Cancer Survivor Parul Banka.
- 01:20: It began in September 2012.
- 02:55: I found a lump on my left breast.
- 03:58: I went and saw my GP and I said, Look, I've got a lump here.
- 05:20: I used to work in human resources and learning and development.
- 07:40: Why don’t you dress up and have a cup of tea?
- 09:35: Let’s fight this out, let's arm ourselves with as much information as possible...
- 12:26: My worst moment was after I had just finished the first phase of aggressive treatment.
- 14:25: I felt so powerless.
- 15:30: And it was also a very confusing time for me.
- 17:50: In India, cancer is still seen with a lot of stigma.
- 19:10: What was your best moment during that time?
- 21:06: I think this is a distorted understanding of the whole concept of karma.
- 26:18: I just wanted joy and meaning, if I had a second chance.
- 27:25: I decided that I would walk away from the corporate world.
- 30:20: What is the one thing that you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 31:28: If you could do only one thing to improve the health care system in the UK, what would it be and why?
- 33:22: I would love to see coaches work with our National Health Service.
- 35:25: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 37:22: What is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!