Rachel DeSpain is a breast cancer survivor, author, global adventurer, and entrepreneur. She lives in Hawaii with her husband and daughter. She wrote a book titled A Wild Ride: Reclaiming my Edge after Cancer to convey hope to survivors that it's possible to find joy after cancer.
- 02:17: I have been to more than 40 countries.
- 03:41: Take us back to the beginning of your cancer journey.
- 05:15: I woke up and looked down and I had no breasts.
- 07:10: I felt this incredible, strong shooting pain from my left breast, something I had never felt before.
- 09:35: You know, no one told me anything.
- 11:57: I think I would have been okay with radiated reconstructed breasts.
- 14:21: There's no road map when you're finished with your treatment.
- 14:56: What was your worst moment?
- 17:40: How about your best moment?
- 19:34: We lived in Alaska for 10 years together, where we started and operated a zip line tour.
- 21:38: It's not an easy dream to pull off.
- 23:45: How old was your daughter when you were diagnosed, and how did that impact her?
- 25:30: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 27:10: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 30:48: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 32:12: Aside from Cancer U, what's one resource you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!