At the age of five, R.J. Windham was the victim of a hit-and-run accident and left for dead in the middle of the street. He survived. At 26, he was the victim of the terrorist bombing of a train station, where lives were lost, and dozens were injured. He survived. And in 2019, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and survived that as well. Through his podcast, Youtube channel, and his books, R.J. is committed to ensuring that you understand that you are not alone.
- 02:38: I took two steps to the left and boom the whole place exploded.
- 04:31: When were you diagnosed with cancer?
- 06:56: Were you in a teaching hospital?
- 09:39: For the first time in my life, I was looking at mortality.
- 12:14: My wife and I sat down, and we went through everything.
- 14:45: I ended up being in the hospital for 3.5 days.
- 17:36: There was one thing that I think still may haunt me down the road.
- 20:17: It’s poison running through your body that looks like maple syrup.
- 22:15: I have the same symptoms reoccurring every single time.
- 24:18: If you take one Viagra a day, it will hopefully regenerate the nerve endings.
- 26:16: I prefer female doctors.
- 28:37: I call it an adventure as opposed to a journey.
- 29:15: What was your worst moment?
- 30:32: What about your best moment?
- 31:16: What is one thing you wish you'd known at the very beginning of this cancer adventure?
- 33:17: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 35:29: What do you think was the hardest part for your wife?
- 36:56: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 37:45: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!