Steven is a Confidence Coach helping people leverage their strengths to take action.
- 00:33: In November 1986, Stephen Sullivan was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia, also known as AML.
- 02:23: I had him get on the phone and talk to my dad.
- 03:58: There's so much beauty around you, stop and appreciate it.
- 06:16: I didn't realize at the time is it nearly killed me.
- 08:26: The treatment plan was pretty standard back then. They said that they would do three rounds of induction with chemotherapy.
- 12:43: I came down with a serious illness that put me back in the hospital.
- 15:02: We discovered that I picked up hepatitis C.
- 17:33: I really questioned whether to even pursue any more treatment.
- 20:16: We've successfully achieved remission again, but because you relapsed, you're probably going to relapse again.
- 22:40: I was fortunate my father was a physician [and] had access to medical libraries.
- 26:04: I'm going to live with my remission as long as I have it.
- 27:34: Do you think that there's a tendency in that Hippocratic oath to do no harm, do you think there is a tendency specifically in cancer to overtreat?
- 31:53: What was your worst moment?
- 34:04: What was your best moment?
- 38:25: What is that one thing you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 39:20: If you could do only one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 40:20: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 41:47: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!