As a survivor of invasive breast cancer whose marriage dissolved as treatment ended, Susan draws upon her personal journey as well as her training as a life coach to provide mindsets and tools to assist others in rebuilding their lives in alignment with their deepest desires.
- 02:12: My mother is a cancer survivor also.
- 04:07: I hadn't even had a biopsy yet, but I just went all the way to the grave and forgot.
- 06:19: They didn't put enough numbness in me.
- 08:19: I learned there we didn't get all the cancer.
- 11:04: Why did you take your mother to the appointment knowing she's a glass-half-full kind of person.
- 13:04: He struggled to keep it together for himself, take greater care of our child, make sure the house was running.
- 16:00: He says, “I think I need to live alone.”
- 18:02: We were sharing the same bed still but like roommates and we both loved our child.
- 20:24: I had to call it Franken boob because it's still all stitched on.
- 22:16: It was complete eggshell navigation, and I was a pro at it.
- 25:12: I didn't know that applied to me and that was an eye-opener.
- 26:40: What was your worst moment?
- 27:22: What about your best moment?
- 29:08: What is the one thing you wish you had known at the beginning of your cancer journey?
- 31:40: The other word I like to use is the word circumstance.
- 34:22: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the U.S., what would it be and why?
- 36:08: I recommend not reading all about your disease.
- 37:47: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions.
- 38:56: Aside from Cancer U, what is one resource you recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!