T.J. Sharpe is a Stage IV melanoma patient who shares his journey through cancer in the Patient #1 blog. He was diagnosed in August 2012 with melanoma tumors in multiple organs, four weeks after his son was born, undergoing six surgeries and four immunotherapy treatments over two clinical trials.
- 00:34: T.J. Sharpe is a stage four melanoma patient who shares his journey through cancer in the patient number one blog.
- 02:15: With your history of melanoma and these spots on a chest X-ray, we think you have a recurrence of your cancer.
- 04:26: How did you know the first time that you even had melanoma at that early stage?
- 06:36: The tumor in my small bowel was 8.5 centimeters, so I had that for a while.
- 08:23: The oncologist tells her that her husband's going to be dead in two years.
- 10:10: I had a colostomy bag for 2.5 years.
- 14:16: Tell us about the first clinical trial
- 16:15: I went from being the first person in this trial to talking through my entire cancer journey.
- 17:28: What was your worst moment during all of this?
- 19:45: What was your best moment?
- 21:47: They finally said that they don't think I had any active cancer.
- 23:57: How do you look at your life differently now than before?
- 26:17: What is the one thing that you wish you had known at the very beginning of your cancer journey?
- 28:30: If you could only do one thing to improve health care in the US, what would it be and why?
- 34:55: Thriver Rapid Fire Questions
- 36:16: And aside from Cancer U, what is one resource that you would recommend for cancer patients and caregivers?
Did you like this episode? If so, please give us a review.
Please support the show by
We love hearing from our listeners! Send us a voicemail and tell us what kind of cancer stories you want to hear.
Create your podcast on PodPage (affiliate link)
Submit your guest profile on Podmatch (affiliate link)
If you're a cancer patient, caregiver, or survivor, join Cancer U!
Our Core Membership includes our Locals Community for only $5/month. Find support, learn from others, and make new friends. Join Now!